I hope you will join us in celebrating and support libraries. If you are like us, then you like to purchase every book you want to read. And, well that can put a hurt on your wallet. One way to help lessen the hurt is to check out books (prints, ebooks, or audios) from the library. If you do this then it will help save you LOTS of money $$. Getting a library card in most places is FREE. So, if you love to read and/or listen to books then grab your library card and join the challenge.
Runs: January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join any time.
- Put a sign up post on your blog or (dedicate a Goodreads shelf or LibraryThing) and link it below. Make sure it’s public.
- The goal is to read at least twelve (12) books from the library, but you can read more. While twelve is the minimum, there is no maximum limit. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you.
- Any format will work for this challenge (prints, ebooks, or audios); as long as you checked it out from the library, it counts.
- Books can be any genre (fiction, nonfiction, romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller, horror, etc.).
- Crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed, including re-reads. The goal is to support your local library and save money.
- Write a review to enter the giveaway – 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences.
- As an added bonus: We are offering up a GIVEAWAY with this Challenge. Winner will be picked at the end of the year!! The entries are the direct links to your book reviews and you will have until Jan. 3rd, 2019 to enter your reviews in the linky and then the Rafflecopter.
- Dewey Decimal: Read 12 books
- Thrifty Reader: Read 24 books
- Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books
- Library Addict: Read 48 books
- Library Card on Fire: Read 60+ books
Join the 2018 Library Love challenge, HERE
This will be my second year doing the Library Love Challenge. I will try for the Overdrive Junkie level. I use my library extensively for all formats. I take the opportunity to read or listen to earlier books in a series when I am catching up, to try out new series, or for non-fiction research. I do the shortest reviews and the least reviews on the blog for this challenge. So while I record the challenge here, it won’t be very accurate. I also record them on a Goodreads shelf. (It will contain multiple years in early January, but you can see the dates read.)
I read all types of books but my favorites are urban fantasy and romantic suspense.I like some romance and some action / adventure / mystery in everything.I like sex in my books but please, only between TWO people.Intimate conversation is equally important to the sex in a book.It lets me see the characters.The other thing I enjoy is humor.
Friend me at Goodreads.