This just came off the top of my head without some other recipe as a starting point.
Prep 10 minutes Cook 20 minutes Bake 15 minutes Ready in 30-45 minutes
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1 T. olive oil ( estimated you might need more)
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups rice (I use Minute rice)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- corn tortillas or other gluten free tortillas (I like the egg or cheese wraps)
- shredded cheddar (optional)
- 1 jar mild salsa (I use Newman’s Own)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet with the onions, cook 10-15 minutes until soft and carmelizing.
- Preheat oven to 350 if you are doing the enchilada style.
- Add eggs, rice and black beans to skillet. Cook until eggs are done, not brown or dry though.
- For burrito style, you can just spoon the skillet mix into tortillas with a little shredded cheese or even salsa or avocado.
- For enchilada style, I spoon it into tortillas (my favorite is the large egg crepini ones) and wrap so the seam is on the bottom. Cover with the jar of salsa and sprinkle with shredded cheese. I put 6-8 in a 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.