Clean Out Your Electronic Reads
I am always excited for another COYER Challenge. This is about reading the stuff you already have and talking to book friends. Books and book people – what could be better! This is my favorite challenge because the group just has fun people. I think it is easier for them to chat since the duration is a few months rather than a whole year like some other challenges. The Winter Switch 2017 will run December 9-March 9. I am doing The Switch and need to get started on my list! I will do The List, then the Switch, and last the Strict. I’ve copied the details from the COYER page:
Let’s start with the basic rules and then we’ll get to the complicated.
- The challenge begins December 16th at 12am EST and ends March 9th at 11:59pm EST.
- You must create a sign-up post anytime between now and January 20th on blog, goodreads, fb, google+, etc. Be sure to indicate if you’re doing regular COYER or The Switch. Link your sign-up to the linky below.
- You can choose to do regular COYER – which is the same as The Strict – or COYER Switch.
- Link your reviews to the linky that will be provided on the Kick-off Post.
- There will be three grand prize winners – $10 gift card – one for the linky review list, and two for Switch participants.
Of course that’s not it… way too simple for us! Now to show your three options #COYER Switch!
COYER Switch has 3 components: The Strict, The List, and The One with the Twist. If you participate in COYER Switch, you’ll do each component at different times. There will be three phases:
- December 16 – January 12
- January 13 – February 9
- February 10 – March 9
You can choose to do the three components in any order you’d like, but you’ll do each component once.
This is good old strict COYER. The rules:
- Every book you read must be an eBook or audiobook.
- Every book must be either free or less than $5.
- No library books, borrowed books, or Kindle Unlimited.
For The List, you guessed it… you’re making a list!
- Make a list of up to 30 books you want to read.
- Every book on the list must be in your possession BEFORE you put them on the list.
- You can add 5 new books for every 5 books you read.
- Books on the list can be any format, any price, obtained any LEGAL way… so that means library books, KU, borrowed, etc.
The One with the Twist
The One with the Twist is probably my favorite…You can read ANY book. ANY price. Obtained any LEGAL way.
- You can read ANY book. ANY price. Obtained any LEGAL way.
- The Twist is, you have to stick with one format. If you choose audiobooks, then only the audiobooks you read during this phase will count. If you choose eBooks, then only eBooks you read during this phase will count. ETC….
As always, we plan on bringing you lots of Social Media fun. Throughout the week, we’ll have games on Facebook. We plan on bringing you some new games to mix in with the old fun you’ve come to love.
We will also have three twitter parties – dates To Be Announced. The only change with this is, we’ve done away with book giveaways. Instead, we’ll be doing $2 gift cards to Amazon 🙂
So stay tuned for specifics in Social Media and Twitter Party dates with the Kick off post!
I read all types of books but my favorites are urban fantasy and romantic suspense.I like some romance and some action / adventure / mystery in everything.I like sex in my books but please, only between TWO people.Intimate conversation is equally important to the sex in a book.It lets me see the characters.The other thing I enjoy is humor.
Friend me at Goodreads.
Latest posts by Anne (see all)
- A Clean Kill in Tokyo by Barry Eisler @barryeisler #ThriftyThursday #BeatTheBacklist2019 - March 21, 2019
- The Devil and the Dancer by Elizabeth Hunter @EHunterWrites @jennbeachpa #GIVEAWAY - March 20, 2019
- Audio: Secrets Never Die by Melinda Leigh @MelindaLeigh1 @CrisDukehart #BrillianceAudio #LoveAudiobooks - March 19, 2019