I am a co-host of this challenge. I’ll still share reviews and savings for it. I just set a number goal or go for prizes. If you want the details, all the posts are at Library Love on the upper menu and here is the sign-up.
Library-Love 2020 sign-up is HERE
It’s harder to set up these goals and even track them depending on what you want to accomplish. But I’m going to give it a try and comment on my progress periodically.
- I did the Blog-ahead challenge once last year and it was very beneficial. It taught me some things I have been applying regularly to keep ahead. The one I want to do here is to set up the post shells for my ARCs the same week I receive them.
- I used to always do an amazing job with Netgalley and reviewing ARCs on a timely basis. Now I get ARCs from like 10 audiobook publishers and they aren’t all in one nice place to track. I have created my TBR spreadsheet where they either get scheduled in when I request /receive them but I have a few older ones. I need to request less and clean up the ones I already have which are not scheduled. I will need to improve the system so I don’t let them get old by both requesting less and scheduling more immediately.
- I want to read some of the books I have purchased. They are the last thing I read. ARCS and library books have due dates so they get read first. They are on my 3tbr or 9kfree shelf in Goodreads. I think I should try to read at least 3 a month, so 36 books this year. I own all the Mercy Thompson ebooks for the Read-along, but I may do some on audio from the library instead which won’t count. We will see if I can improve that over time. This is similar to Mount TBR or some other challenges but I want to get to my reading this year more than tracking. My Thrifty Thursday books will count for this tracking.
- In general, I want to read more books I just want to read, whatever the source, without doing as much tracking. This means somewhat less ARCs and definitely less blog tours. But that isn’t something easy to make a quantifiable objective.
- Participate in the May Read-a-Series in a Month.
- Participate in the Oct/Nov Read-a-Series in a Month.
- Host the Top 10 Meme for the week of Christmas holidays. Provide graphic and linkys, support and promote all who participate.
- Do something more with June is Audiobook Month. Write at least one discussion post for it.
- Create the Library Love monthly email / newsletter. It contains the details of that month’s giveaway and the linkups. I also write a short discussion post with information / links relating to library events / information. (For January, this was about National Braille Literacy month)
- Read-along & Giveaway: Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh @NaliniSingh#AngelaDawe @TantorAudio @BerkleyRomance #Read-along #GIVEAWAY #LoveAudiobooks - December 5, 2020
- Shadow Ridge by ME Browning @MickiBrowning @crookedlanebks @partnersincr1me - December 4, 2020
- Audio: Forget About Me by Karen Grey @KarenWhitereads @AKAEmmaWilder #BrianPallino #LoveAudiobooks #KindleUnlimited - December 3, 2020