Narrator: Karen White
Series: Heartbreaker Bay #4.5
on November 7, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Length: 2 hours, 28 minutes
Amazon, Audible, Barnes & Noble
When Sean O’Riley shows up at the Hartford Bed & Breakfast for his older brother’s bachelor weekend, he’s just hoping to make it through the weekend. What he’s not expecting is to come face to face with the woman he lost his virginity to a decade ago—a woman he’s never really forgotten.
The last time Lotti Hartford saw Sean, she told him she loved him while he said nothing. Now, ten years later, she’s just looking for a good time. For once, she wants to be the wild and free one, and Sean – the good time guy – is the perfect candidate.
But as the weekend continues, Sean realizes that after a lifetime of being the hook-up king, he’s ready to find happily-ever-after, and he wants it with Lotti. But will she open her heart to him again? As Christmas sweeps through the little B&B, he can only hope love and magic are in the air.
Read It, Rate It and Record
A short review to update challenges
I reserved this at the library, first as an ebook, then the audiobook. I ended up purchasing the ebook as a deal but I still wanted to listen to the audio.
Holiday Wishes is the classic Jill Shalvis I need. It’s hot and funny and sweet. The entire Heartbreaker Bay series is excellent.
Karen White continues to be a great pairing with Jill Shalvis. I love the feelings they bring to me.
I liked getting to know Sean and his history better. He hasn’t been a large part of the series, even in his brother Finn’s book, , other than as an irritation. Here he was a regular guy in the group. It’s great to see the gang, at least in a brief mention. I would have liked just a bit more development of the rest of the friends, at least a few more brief scenes. This has both holiday and wedding themes.
Listen to a clip here:
- 🎧 The Love Wager by Lynn Painter @LAPainter@kdimerc @ZacharyWebber @BerkleyRomance @PRHAudio #LoveAudiobooks - March 30, 2023
- 🎧 Her Deadly Game by Robert Dugoni @robertdugoni @SaskiaAudio #Thomas&Mercer #BrillianceAudio #LoveAudiobooks #KindleUnlimited🎧 - March 28, 2023
- 🎧 The Kind Worth Saving by Peter Swanson @PeterSwanson3 #KeithSzarabaijka #KathleenEarly #HelenLaser @MickyShiloah @HarperAudio #LoveAudiobooks - March 26, 2023
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- Anne: 2017 Audiobook Challenge
- Anne: 2017 Library Love Challenge
- Anne: 2017 New Release Challenge
I still need to try Jill Shalvis. I love Karen White, so I know that I will listen when I finally get to it.
Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads