Series: Crimson Point #1
Published by Self-Published on September 29, 2018
Genres: Romantic Suspense
Amazon, Barnes & Noble
An elite warrior struggling to find his place in the civilian world.
Weary from his years on the battlefield, SF Captain Beckett Hollister has returned home to Crimson Point to take over the family business for his dying father. But adjusting to life outside the military is harder than he imagined, and being back home forces him to confront things he’d rather not face. Including the one woman he shouldn’t want and can’t have—his best friend’s little sister.
A love that was always meant to be.
Town vet Sierra Buchanan has known Beckett her entire life. She’s crushed on him for years, but because of his relationship with her family, the stubborn man refuses to see her as more than the girl he grew up with. As tragedy brings them together, neither of them realizes that the sins of Beckett’s past have come home to haunt him. When Sierra becomes the target of his unforeseen enemy, Beckett must vanquish his demons to save her.
Read It, Rate It and Record
A short review to update challenges
I wanted to get Fractured Honor for review when it was released but my schedule was too full. Now the second book in the Crimson Point series is being released so I was thrilled to grab this at the library before reading it.
Romantic suspense is a favorite genre. In this series, we have some military guys coming back to their home town. I loved the characters and their close relationships with family and friends. They all have occupations and lives which are realistic and their emotions feel authentic. The setting is a small oceanfront town in Oregon, so it’s gorgeous.
Both Beckett and Sierra are great. I like them and their compassion for others. I thought the reason Beckett had for not having a relationship was bullshit but at least he got over it. Beckett’s interactions with his neighbors are precious. I loved them. The series is off to a solid start.
There was nothing worse than being lonely when you were with your partner.
- 🎧 Hercule Poirot: The Complete Short Stories by Agatha Christie #AgathaChristie #DavidSuchet @realhughfraser #NigelHawthorne #IslaBlair @HarperAudio #LoveAudiobooks - September 18, 2021
- Read-along & Giveaway: Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh @NaliniSingh @BerkleyRomance @McLexxie @TantorAudio #Read-along #GIVEAWAY #LoveAudiobooks - September 17, 2021
- Thrifty Thursday : Slow Burn by Lisa Clark O’Neill @LisaClarkONeill #ThriftyThursday #KindleUnlimited - September 16, 2021
Reading this book contributed to these challenges:
- 2018 Library-Love Challenge
- 2018 New Release Challenge