I want to thank everyone who has worked with me and supported me and read the blog as we now reach 5 years. I am so grateful for all the support and connection with the amazing blog community.
I appreciate my team which writes reviews, retweets posts, joins me on Read-alongs, and helps with memes like Series on Saturday and Top 10. That’s just to name a few things. It’s a pleasure to have such good friends to join me in this blogging community. Thanks so very much to Robin, Melanie, KC and Sophia!
A little bit about Books of My Heart:
Even though we have been 5 years, I was able to bring over all my posts from my 3 years reviewing at The Book Nympho. So I have 8 years of reviews. I do this as a hobby; I don’t make money on anything. I spend my own money on prizes or get things donated by publishers.
Books of My Heart is the co-sponsor of the Library Love Challenge. I’m a big fan and avid user of the library so I am thrilled to be involved. This feature has its own tab on the top menu bar. Most of the work is by Angela at Angel’s Guilty Pleasures.
There are several other features under the Feature tab on the top menu bar which I am proud to have developed.
- Thrifty Thursday – where I review Kindle or Audio freebies. I started this all the way back at Yummy Men & Kickass Chicks.
- Friends on Friday – where I will be inviting blogger friends to contribute and link up reviews with their blogs (because friends is a big reason why I blog). We did this more in the early years but not as much lately, although I still like the concept.
- Series on Saturday – This one is so much fun. We discuss monthly the best in a genre or theme. There is a vote and then I give away the first book in the winning series.
- Top 10 – This is a meme I took on since others stopped doing it. The lists run Christmas week in December. They include: Top 10 Books, Top 10 Audiobooks, Top 10 Characters, Top 10 Book Covers, Top 10 Books I Want Next Year and Top 10 your choice. We share our lists for the year and let you link up your lists (one or all). It’s really fun to see everyone’s lists!
- Read-along – This is another one of my favorite things! Each year I pick a series where we read about one book a month. We have discussions, games and prizes. Each month there is a prize and there is a grand prize. Usually the publishers donate something and I buy the rest of the prizes. I alternate between series I have read and series I have NOT read. I also did The Hollows by Kim Harrison in 2014 when I was at Yummy Men & Kickass Chicks and it was new to me.
- 2018 – Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews (re-read)
- 2019 – Alex Verus by Benedict Jacka (new)
- 2020 – Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs (re-read)
- 2021 – Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh (new to me)
- 2022 – Night Huntress world by Jeaniene Frost (half re-read, half new to me)
- 2023 – Iron Druid by Kevin Hearne (new to me)
Some of us participate in Challenges. I always do COYER, but have also joined in the New Release Challenge, Beat the Backlist Challenge, the Audiobook Challenge. and of course, the Library Love Challenge.
Mostly on the blog we do reviews, features and occasionally discussions. Cover reveals, spotlights and daily deals are posted on the Facebook page and to Twitter.
So I hope you will like us on the Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter and Goodreads, and subscribe to our blog. There are options on the right sidebar to subscribe by email to all posts or a weekly digest, or to follow through Bloglovin or Feedly.
History of how I ended up with Books of My Heart:
The first blog I subscribed to was Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks. I mean, seriously, that’s what I want to read. Somehow, I realized it was published by a Canadian and when I was riding my Harley up there for an event, I asked Julie if she lived nearby. It turned out she was right on my route, only 50Km from where I was staying, so I could meet her for dinner. She invited me to review on her blog, which I did for the next year until she closed. She taught me a lot and was a joy to have in my daily life.
A week later, somehow, Jennifer, invited me to review at The Book Nympho. I was there for three years. Jennifer and Jonetta were amazing. Jennifer was kind enough to let me dabble in pretty much any genre. I am so grateful for all her help and support. I have learned and admired much from her. Jennifer closed The Book Nympho at the end of 2017 and now reviews for That’s What I’m Talking About. Jonetta has her own new bog, The Blue Mood Cafe.
So I started my own book blog. I am challenged by graphics and know little about WordPress, so there are some bobbles here. Michelle at Limabean Designs is handling my graphics as she is a professional. Ashley has helped me through my additional learning about Ultimate Book Blogger and WordPress.
I am going to choose multiple winners and you will have your choice of items remaining on the list. Each winner can only win once. To keep this open to Intl readers, I will offer them up to a $12 book at Book Depository. US readers will choose from the list below. You need to be willing to provide your address for some prizes to be sent to you.
- Up to $12 book from Book Depository (Intl only)
- One Audible audiobook (I’ll gift to you with a credit)
- $5 Amazon gift card
- MP3CD – Lock in by John Scalzi, narrated by Will Wheaton
- MP3CD – Secrets in Death by JD Robb, narrated by Susan Erickson
- CDs – Heart of Evil by Heather Graham, narrated by Luke Daniels
- CD set – 4 abridged audios by Heather Graham, narrated by Luke Daniels
- New Hardcover – Phantom Game by Christine Feehan
- New Hardcover – Dark Whisper by Christine Feehan
- New Hardcover – Lightning in a Mirror by Jayne Ann Krentz
- New paperback – Back to Your Love by Kianna Alexander
- New paperback – A Small Town Bride by Hope Ramsey
- New paperback The Second Christmas by Marta Perry
- New Paperback – Drunk on Love by Jasmine Guillory
- New paperback – The Belle of Belgrave Square by Mimi Matthews
- New paperback – Ricochet by Krista & Becca Ritchie
- Used paperback – Under Fire by Scarlett Cole (read once)
- New ARC – Eclipse the Moon by Jessie Mihalik
- New ARC – Ignite on Contact by Jaci Burton
- New ARC – The Wolf’s Call by Anthony Ryan
- Used ARC – Planetfall by Emma Newman (read once)
- Used ARc – Fallen Mountains by Kimi Cunningham Grant (read once)
- Series on Saturday: Audio series @Rachel_Aaron @vikasadam @AndreaPenrose @KevinHearne @luckylukeekul @KelleyArmstrong #KateHandford @veschwab @booknarrator @HoJay92 @BaileyCarrVOICE #LoveAudiobooks #JIAM - June 10, 2023
- Demons of Good and Evil by Kim Harrison @BurningBunnies @AceRocBooks @BerkleyPub - June 8, 2023
- 🎧 All The Sinners Bleed by SA Crosby @blacklionking73 @alazarrewhite @MacmillanAudio #LoveAudiobooks #JIAM - June 6, 2023
Congratulations on five years, Anne💜 You created something really special and I’m thankful we’re friends. Keep doing what you’re doing.
Jonetta, I can say all the same to you. You are also about 5 years and do a stellar job. I’m so grateful to know you.
Congrats, Anne! You’ve had an interesting blogging journey. Best of luck in your next five years😁
Thank you Tammy. I might never have gone on my own without the other blogs closing but I have more of a sci fi/ fantasy/ mystery/thriller bent personally than primarily romance.
Congrats on your five year anniversary. I am thankful for the friendships forged in the blogging community.
Thank you Nadene. It’s a great community we have.
My answer has two parts – 1st I am thankful for all the authors who write all the wonderful books that help me maintain my sanity! 2nd – I am thankful for all the bloggers that help feed my reading addiction!
Congratulations on your 5 year Blogoversary! 🎈🎆✨🎉💜 I am looking forward to another great year!
Thank you Eva for visiting and participating in the Read-along.
Thank you Freda
I started reading your reviews when you were with The Book Nympho. I thought it was fab to join the team here. Such a friendly and fun atmosphere on Books of My Heart. You’ve done so much to make it that way. Wishing you a Happy 5th and many more wonderful years to come, Anne!
Thank you Sophia! I couldn’t do it without you. Thank you for all your help.
Happy 5th blogoversary! So glad to have your blog to follow and for all the fun things you do! I didn’t know where Jen from The Book Nympho was blogging now, so I’ve added that to my list of blogs to check out. I’m thankful for all my blogger friends who I can discuss books with and find out about new books!
Thank you Lisa. We have a more eclectic mix of genres here and that’s how I like it.
Happy Blogoversary! I’m glad to have you help and host the Library Love and love visiting your blog for all the fun features and reviews. You’ve done much to make it a fun and friendly place to visit. ^_^
Thank you so much Angela. I try to do that. I am so happy to be involved with Library Love as it is something I fully support.
Happy blogoversary and wishing you many more amazing to come!!
I’m forever thankful for my family and friends and also all the books that keep me happy and sane.
Thank you Sandra. I’m glad to have you here.
Congrats! I am thankful for my family.
Thank you Anita. I’m glad you have a good family.
Congratulations on your 5-year blogoversary. I love your story of how your blog works and how you got started. Thanks for sharing that.
Thanks Wendy. I kind of tell that story every year because there are new people and some things change over the year. I’m glad to have gotten to know your blog more recently.
Congratulations and Happy Blogoversary! Five years is amazing. I love reading all of the posts here on your blog. Here’s hoping for five more years at least. 😀
Thank you Kara. I hope so. I love this blogging community and books.
Happy Blogoversary. I’m thankful I found the blog in 2019.
Thanks for being a faithful reader Anne.
I’m thankful for family and friends.
Awesome that you have them. We all need them.
Congratulations! You’ve accomplished a lot and have an interesting blogging story 🙂
Thank you Lucy.
Oh happy blogoversary! It’s always such a pleasure to follow your blog!
Thank you for following and reading.
Happy blogoversary! And thanks for sharing some of your blogging history! It’s always nice to see how our blogs have developed over the years. I’m thankful for all the blog friends I’ve made along the way- it makes this worth doing!
Yes Greg, the people are what makes it worthwhile, although I do enjoy reading, too. I’ve been lucky enough to meet some people in person, authors and other bloggers, and that has been lovely too.
Congrats on your 5 year anniversary! I’ve enjoyed “meeting” you, all my visits here and joining in on your features! What a lovely giveaway too!
Thank you Rachel. I’ve been so happy to “meet” you and I enjoy your blog so much.
Happy blogoversary, Anne! I’m so glad I found your blog (on you found mine? I can’t even remember). Here’s to many more years sharing the love of books!
Thank you Tanya. I’m sure the initial intro was through the Sunday Post which has such a wonderful and diverse set of bloggers I enjoy. I always enjoy your posts and thank you for visiting.
Happy blogoversary! And what a great giveaway! I am thankful for many things, but particularly for the book blogging community and the friends I have made there — most definitely including you!
Thank you Kara. I can certainly say the same.
Happy blogoversary – so pleased for you 🙂
I’m so thankful for my family and for books 🙂
Thank you Megan. I’m pleased you have your family and your books!
Wow! I can’t believe that it has already been 5 years. I am looking forward to spending the next 5 reading your blog. Congrats, Anne!
Thank you Carole. I also look forward to reading your blog every day.
I remember when you were blogging for Book Nympho. So many older blogs gone. Glad to see you hit 5 years!
Thank you Kimberly. The time has flown by.
Happy Blog versary!
Congratulations Anne!! I know you’ve been blogging for as long as I have, but you’ve accomplished so much in the past five years since you’ve been solo. I’m very thankful to call you friend!
Thank you Jen. I am thankful for you as well. The blogging community is a special place.
Happy Blogoversary 🎈Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks was one of the first book blogs I followed. I’m thankful for the book blogging community, and for bloggers like you!
Thank you Shelleyrae! YMKAC was the first blog I followed too. I still like yummy men, but the kick ass chicks is more of my reading now.
Yay!!!! Congratulations on 5 years! Wishing you 5 more! I remember The Book Nympho blog! I started learning how to blog the same way you did and had a similar journey myself. I am thankful for your wonderful blog, your awesome annual read-alongs and the amazing authors that gift us our favorite stories!
Thank you so much Elizabeth. I appreciate having you reading and participating on the Read-alongs.
Wishing you a very Happy Blogoversary. I’m thankful for the roof over my head and the food on my table. I’m also thankful for my family and my lovely little tabby cat.
Thank you. I’m happy you could visit my blog.
Happy Blogoversary! I’m thankful for my family and the opportunity to live where I can read whatever I want!
Thank you Maria! Yay for reading what you want.
I am thankful for my family and the outdoors!
I’m thankful for those things too. Thank you for visiting.
i am thankful for my kids and husband
That’s a great thing to have and be thankful.
Happy Blogversary! It’s amazing how time flies. The book blogging community is wonderful and so is your blog!
Thank you Naida. I’m grateful to be part of this community.