The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received.
Don’t forget to look at my giveaways on the right sidebar.
So this week has been full of medical appointments, a total of 6. We have learned a lot but have a little bit more information to gather. Saturday was the only day I could just stay home. So Gina, our 16.5 year old, chocolate, miniature poodle had a seizure, her heart was racing, and we made an emergency run to the vet! She’s ok. But we cried the whole way there. She’s old now. My daughter is having an MRI today, Sunday. I didn’t even know they were open on the weekend!
I didn’t work as many hours this week which was good since I had a few medical appointments myself. I’m scheduled this Thursday for what is hopefully a final procedure followed by a return to normal. The theme for this week is I’m so tired.
SO, I would love to have your help!
I am doing a post on September 10th to finish the Read-along of the Kate Daniels series we did this year. I call it – A Love Letter to Ilona Andrews. If you would like to contribute a sentence or two, or a paragraph (can have a link to you or your blog) , Just talk about why you enjoy this author or this series, or what it has meant to you, or a character you love, or even your feelings about the series ending. You can email me at BooksMyHeart@gmail.com. Or please come and comment on the post on September 10th.
I’m doing my COYER Challenge update here rather than a separate post.
This was the last week of COYER with a challenge on novellas. I didn’t keep track to this information in the past and couldn’t figure out a way to search Goodreads for a number of pages in a book, so I made a new shelf to track it and reviewed everything in a couple genres to find a few. I managed to read 5.
I read a total of 67 books but the list here only shows the ones I reviewed on the blog, the rest can be seen on my Goodreads shelf.
Challenge books reviewed on the blog
- Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis
- Down Deep by Kimberly Kincaid
- Calico Palace by Gwen Bristow
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
- Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews
- Licks by Kelly Siskind
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
- Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews
- A Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie
- Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins
- Markswoman by Rati Mehrotra
- Unlit by Keri Arthur
- The Start of Something Good by Jennifer Probst
- Darkest Night by Megan Erickson
- The Wild Dead by Carrie Vaughn
- Double Blind by Iris Johansen
- Good Little Girls by Rita Herron
- The Deep Dark Descending by Allen Eskens
- Fangs for the Memories by Molly Harper
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- Kill the Farm Boy by Kevin Hearne, Delilah S. Dawson
- Gone to Dust by Matt Goldman
- The Vampire of Waller County by Suki McMinn
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews
- Deep Cover by Scarlett Cole
- How to Save an Undead Life by Hailey Edwards
- Phantom Kiss by Chloe Neill
- Inside the Echo by Jen Blood
- Artificial Condition by Martha Wells
- Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill
- The Dispatcher by John Scalzi
- Dr. Strange Beard by Penny Reid
- Stars Uncharted by S.K. Dunstall
- Stud in the Stacks by Pippa Grant
- The Wolves of Winter by Tyrell Johnson
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Infinite by Cecy Robson
- How to Claim an Undead Soul by Hailey Edwards
- Raven's Cry by Ed McDonald
- Magic Binds by Ilona Andrews
- Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews
- Rogue Protocol by Martha Wells
- Slaying It by Chloe Neill
- The Knowledge by Martha Grimes
- Sit Beg Stay by Roxanne St. Claire
- Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven
- Hidden by Rebecca Zanetti
All COYER books (including ones not reviewed on the blog)
What Have You Done is a Kindle First book which I get free being a Prime member. They let us choose from 6 different books each month which are coming out a month later. I have trouble calling them freebies because not everyone can get them, but they are free to me. I guess similar to Kindle Unlimited as there is a cost.
Now the really scary one. This is all the Kindle and Audible freebies I grabbed this past week. You can see why I need to do Thrifty Thursday to be sure I read a few
at least one each month.
I managed to cut back on freebies, being busy this week.
I’m not including things like reviews posted or upcoming as they are always in the right sidebar. And, my challenge status is also there.
If you like this and want to see me do the Sunday post, as often as I can manage, leave me a comment and let me know. I work odd hours with no access to phone or Internet so sometimes I’m not around to approve comments right away.
- Thrifty Thursday – One Last Step by Sarah Sutton #KindleUnlimited #ThriftyThursday #SarahSutton - January 14, 2021
- Thrifty Thursday – The Perfect Death by Stacy Claflin @growwithstacy #KindleUnlimited #ThriftyThursday - January 14, 2021
- The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon @rlynn_solomon @BerkleyRomance @BerkleyRomance @BerkleyPub - January 12, 2021